This delicious Basil Dressing or marinade is useful for many different dishes and appetizers.
Your guests will love the fresh from the garden flavour when you use your own home grown basil.
1/2 cup Freshly grown basil leaves
2 cloves Fresh garlic, crushed (or 2 teaspoons)
3 Tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon Juice
1/2 cup Olive oil
- In a food processor blend the first three ingredients until smooth
- Then add the olive oil very slowly as the processor is running
- Add measured oil until the mixture is of pouring consistency, it’s important to add the oil slowly for complete emulsification to happen
Other Basil Ideas
- Marinade any meat (I recommend chicken) for 24 hours, drizzle over salad
- Use it as a spread on bruschetta
- Toss it in with hot pasta
- Use it as a dressing on cold pasta salad
There are so many ways you could use this wonderfully fresh and delicious recipe from the backyard garden.
This mixture can be put on chicken or fish as a marinade 12-24 hours before before baking or barbecuing. Use a zipper storage bag, it’s easy with no mess.
*Try tossing your green salad with it and make a very aromatic and flavourful low-fat dressing for any salad.
*This mixture can be made with a little less oil and then used as a spread for delicious toasted bruschetta bread.
*Toss some slightly stale bread chunks in a generous amount of the mixture and then toast them dry for amazing croutons or bread crumbs.